As we’re reaching the end of 2019, I thought it’d be a good time to take a look into the soul of Icely Done, and how we can take this into the bright and shiny new year. In many ways, this is an expression of our philosophy and Icely Done’s world view.
The statements below represent what we deem valuable and consequently, they determine our course of action. Our integrity, if we have any, can be measured in how closely we adhere to these statements.
This should work both ways in the sense that by observing our actions, it should be clear what we value, because what we esteem highly is where we devote our time and energy.
So these are the dominating principles that shape our actions. When we lose our way, these act as our ‘North Star’ of sorts.
Before any strategy for our project can come into being, there has to be overarching, guiding principles. I often refer myself back to these when I need recalibrating, or need guidance with an important decision. We shape ourselves and our world internally by these beliefs – and they help us determine the right course of action for us.
Although these were written for us internally, I think they are worth sharing, because you can get a real glimpse of our substance and DNA.
So here they are, our “must” statements – our calibrating and guiding principles. They may expand and evolve but there won’t be drastic changes.
Icely Done MUST…
- Make a healthy profit with awareness that cashflow is the lifeblood of our endeavour, giving us the ability and freedom to pursue our wider aims and objectives. More on these another time. This one might be perceived as a bit crude, but it is the reality.
- Make its profits by creating nothing short of remarkable things for people to drink using the best possible ingredients we can lay our hands on. This was the foundation of our strapline:
- Immerse ourselves in one of the most powerful forces on earth – evolution. Constantly marching forward, ending each day having improved on the previous.
- Create & nurture interdependent, win-win scenarios with each and every person or organisation that comes into contact with our business.
- Create an ‘ideas meritocracy’ culture led by radical transparency and believability weighted decision-making systems. For more on these ideas, I highly recommend that you look in to the work of Ray Dalio.
- Provide a rewarding and holistic workplace with employees sharing in the success of the company.
- Strive to learn, discover & explore; sharing everything as we go, with the commitment of making others as passionate as we are about properly crafted drinks.
- Behave as a responsible and caring citizen, contributing generously to the immediate and wider community.
- Operate in tandem and with respect for the natural world.
To stay up to date with Icely Done news, cocktail recipes, blogs, tips, offers and promotions, please click here to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for event and ‘how to’ cocktail recipe videos from our Founder and mixologist of 15yrs, Lefti.